Exploration Safety for Management Workshop Date:
Friday, March 27, 2015 Time:
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Location:
BCIT – Downtown Campus 555 Seymour Street Vancouver, BC Room:
280/282/284 Rationale for the Course
The AME BC Environment, Health & Safety Committee presents its fifth annual workshop on exploration safety for senior management and project managers.
Our goal is to foster responsible and adaptive safety leadership in the mineral exploration sector. Effective safety leaders are the building blocks of a strong culture that strives for everyday safety and zero harm.
Who Should Attend?
- Senior managers, project managers, senior geologists
- Health and safety personnel active in the mineral exploration sector
Registration information and course outline to be announced in early 2015.
Introduction to Exploration Safety Workshop Date:
Saturday, March 28, 2015 Time:
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Location:
BCIT – Downtown Campus 555 Seymour Street Vancouver, BC V6B 3H6 Room:
280/282/284 Course Outline
Who Should Attend?
- Interactive field safety scenarios and strategies for dealing with them
- Regulatory environment and what to expect of your employer
- Health and safety trends in the mineral exploration sector
- Helicopter safety
- Recommended traversing equipment for mountain and bush environments
- 4x4 and ATV driving awareness
- Emergency awareness preparedness
- Safety around drills
- How to avoid bear problems
- Hypothermia and ice water survival
Registration information to be announced in early 2015.
- Recently graduated geoscientists
- Field assistants
- Project geologists or managers interested in a refresher
AME BC Mining Essentials Workshop
is a two-day course that provides a complete overview of the mineral
exploration and mining industry for those working or involved in the
mining industry, but who do not have a technical background in geology
or mining. It is suitable for business professionals, investment
advisors, analysts, regulators, government employees, accountants,
lawyers, community leaders and the general public. Mining Essentials is
effective at tying together and explaining the relevance and importance
of the various parts of the industry. The course has been developed and
refined over 10 years and is widely recognized in Vancouver and
elsewhere in western Canada as an engaging and highly informative course
on the mining industry.
Last held in Vancouver
Friday & Saturday, May 24-25, 2013 Time:
8:30 am – 4:30 pm Location:
Terminal City Club 837 West Hastings Street, Vancouver BC
Room: Terrace A & Terrace B