Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I join Vancouver WIM?
- A: To join, just send your contact information (preferably your home email address) to: email@example.com and you will be added to the WIM email list.
Q: Or How can I be notified about the meetings?
- A: Monthly notices are sent out to all on the WIM list.
Q: What are the Dues?
- A: No dues – it is free to have your name on the email list and attend brown bag lunches.
Q: When are the meetings held?
- A: WIM Meetings are usually on the second Thursday of each month (occasionally changed due to Statutory holidays or other events.). Please check back regularly at our website for more details of the guest speaker and location.
Q: Do you have speakers at your meetings?
- A: Yes, our brown bag lunches usually have a guest speaker who will talk on issues pertinent to women in the mining industry.
Q: Where are the meetings?
- A: Noon-time meetings are usually at Fasken Martineau 2900 – 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver. Brown-bag lunch; coffee and tea are provided. Evening meetings are held at various venues. Information about all our meetings is posted on out Events page.
Q: Do I have to RSVP?
- A: No RSVP is necessary - unless specified in the email notice