Mineral Exploration Roundup 2012 Presentations
Monday, January 23, 2012
- British Columbia: Mines, Development and Exploration: 2011 Review - Bruce Madu; Director, Mineral Development Office; Ministry of Energy Mines; Province of British Columbia
- Yukon Exploration and Mining Update 2011 - Lee Pigage; Acting Head, Mineral Services, Yukon Geological Survey; Government of the Yukon
- Quebec Exploration Overview 2011 Denis Raymond, Mineral Development Officer, MRNF (Department of Natural Resources and Wildlife) - Government of Québec
- Canadian Cordilleran Geosynclines, Tectonic Assemblages, Terranes and Mineral Deposits - James Monger, Emeritus Scientist, Geological Survey of Canada; Mitch Mihalynuk, Senior Minerals Geologist, British Columbia Geological Survey
- Discoveries, Debacles and Decades of Development: A Brief History of Geochemistry in British Columbia and the Yukon - Peter Bradshaw, President and CEO, First Point Minerals; David Heberlein, Consultant, Heberlein Geoconsulting; Ray Lett, British Columbia Geological Survey, Emeritus
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
- Geological Surveys and Public Geoscience ‐ More Important than Ever - Dave Lefebure, Former Chief Geologist, British Columbia Geological Survey
- Prospecting on Beringia’s Doorstep: Improving Surficial Geochemistry Techniques Near the Glaciated‐Unglaciated Boundary, Yukon - Jeffrey Bond, Yukon Geological Survey
- Geological Insights from the Dawson Range – White Gold District, Yukon: GEM Mapping in Support of a Modern Gold Rush - Jim Ryan, Geological Survey of Canada
- QUEST‐Northwest Mapping: BC Geological Survey Dease Lake Geoscience Project, Northern British Columbia - Jim Logan, Project Geologist, BC Geological Survey
- Targeted Geoscience Initiative 4 (TGI‐4): Cordilleran Contributions to a National, Thematic Program to Enhance Effectiveness of Deep Exploration - Mike Villeneuve, TGI‐4 Program Manager, Natural Resources Canada/Geological Survey of Canada
- Bonanza‐Grade Gold at the Brucejack Project, BC - Kenneth C. McNaughton, Chief Exploration Office, Pretium Resources Inc.
- Brewery Creek, Yukon – New Potential Revealed at Yukon’s Largest Historical Primary Gold Producer -Mike Burke, Chief Geologist, Golden Predator Corp.
- (Re) Introducing Bornite, part of the Upper Kobuk Mineral Project: A NANA‐NovaGold Cooperative Agreement (Alaska) -Scott Petsel, Ambler Project Manager, NovaGold Resources Inc.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
- Traditional Knowledge Studies within the Environmental Assessment Process: Moving from a Transactional to a Relationship Approach - Kathy Scott, Social Scientist and Engagement Specialist, Dialectic Research Services
- Advancing the Goliath Gold Project in Dryden, Northwestern Ontario - Martin Walter, President and Chief Executive Officer, Treasury Metals Incorporated
- McIlvenna Bay: Advancing a Major Undeveloped Canadian Base Metal Deposit Patrick Soares, President & CEO; Fiona Childe, VP Corporate Development; David Fleming, VP Exploration; and Roger March VP Project Exploration; Foran Mining Corporation
- Proactive Positive Aboriginal Relationships: The Foundation for Success and Certainty - Jerry Asp, President and Dan Jepsen, Chairman and CEO, C3 Alliance Corp.
- Coulon Project in the James Bay Area - Paul Archer, Vice President Exploration, Virginia Mines Inc.
- Adding Value to Your Project: Strategic Planning for Baseline Studies and Environmental Impact Assessment - Greg Smyth, Project Manager; Oscar Gustafson, Senior Environmental Assessment (EA) Specialist; Knight Piésold Consulting
Thursday, January 26, 2012
- The Bagassi Central Gold Zones, Burkina Faso - Robert Sibthorpe, President and CEO, Roxgold Inc.
- West Lombok Porphyry / Epithermal Project – Southern Sunda‐Banda Arc, Indonesia - Andrew Rowe, Chief Geologist, Southern Arc Minerals Inc.
- Wafi‐Golpu Copper‐Gold Project, Papua New Guinea - Michael Humphries, Exploration Executive, Harmony Gold
- Florence Copper: Copper Recovery Using In‐Situ Technology (USA) - Dan Johnson, PE – Environment & Technical Services Manager, Curis Resources (Arizona) Inc.
- Midas Gold’s Golden Meadows Project – Gold, Rediscovered (USA) - Stephen Quin, President and CEO, Midas Gold
- Future of the Iron Ore Sector and the Role of Developing Economies in Advancing Global Consumption - Sandy Chim, President and CEO, Century Iron Mines Corporation
- The Role of North American Coking Coal Production in the Global Market - Don Charter, President and CEO, Corsa Coal Corp.